Back in 1991, his life was changed dramatically like the role in the movie he starred into. From zero to hero, from no one to be someone who must saved the human race. He was Terminator's John Connor in the teenage who turned himself from rookie to be one of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars". The man in the focus is Edward 'Eddie' Furlong. Where he and what is he doing now?
Despite his breakthrough appearance through "American History X" and "Pecker" in 1998, Eddie Furlong career as an actor is virtually unseen since his 1991's “Terminator 2: Judgment Day”. For years he only played in some average indie and DVD-intended movies. While not playing in any box office movies, unfortunately, he has been in the spotlight for rumors of his off-screen behavior. In 2001, he was arrested for DUI following a car accident. He was reportedly in and out of rehab, and rumors swirled that his drug use and brushes with the law led to his termination from “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines” (2003). In 2004, Furlong was arrested and charged with public drunkenness at a supermarket, where he was in the shooting location.
On April 19, 2006, Eddie married to his “Judy” co-star Rachael Bella aka Rachael Kneeland. The couple's son, Ethan Page Furlong, was born on September 21, 2006. Sadly, the marriage ended on July 8, 2009, when Bella filed it for divorce citing irreconcilable differences. Following that year, Eddie goes into the spotlight again when Bella, applied for a restraining order against him, alleging him had become violent, was using hard drugs, and had threatened suicide on several occasions.
Nevertheless, Furlong continued to act and is in the process of wrapping up work on a few different productions. In 2010, he performed in “Kingshighway,” “Crave,” “This is not a movie,” “Below Zero,” “The Mortician,” and “The Green Hornet.” In addition, he played as serial killer Shane Casey for the “CSI: New York” season finale.
Edward Furlong was born on August 2, 1977 into Eleanor Torres and an unknown father in the Los Angeles suburb of Glendale, California. He was a 12-year-old boy hanging out at the Pasadena Boys & Girls Club, when he was "discovered" by a casting director, who asked him to audition. The role was the teenage "John Connor" in "T2: Judgment Day". It was Furlong's first professional role, and his first time acting at all. For his excellent debut, Furlong earned an MTV movie award for best breakthrough role, and a saturn Sci-Fi award for best young actor. From there, Furlong took an unconventional route through Hollywood, which led to his working with some of the top people in the business, both studio and independent films.
Did you know?
- His birth name is Edward Walter Furlong
- He has a younger half-brother, Bobby Torres, from his mother's marriage to Moises Torres.
- He attended Charles W. Eliot Middle School in Altadena, and South Pasadena Junior High School in South Pasadena, California. Unfortunately, he never completed his high school.
- He once dated with following actresses: Soleil Moon Frye in early 1990s, Natasha Lyonne in 1998, Paris Hilton in 2000, and Jolene Blalock in 2001.
- In 1993, at the age of 15, he dated Jacqueline Domac, then 29, his on-set tutor. She later became his manager, and then his fiancé. In May 1999, she sued Furlong, claiming he'd beaten her and withheld earned commissions.
- He achieved popularity in Japan following “T2”, and appeared in advertisements for various Japanese products. He also released an album in Japan called “Hold on Tight”, which included a cover of The Doors song "People Are Strange". He later claimed that the music was "the exact opposite of rock" and "a bad mistake".
- He was modeled for Calvin Klein in 1996, and for The Gap in 1999.
- He is a vegetarian and has campaigned for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. In 2004, he was arrested for trying to remove lobsters from a Meijer grocery store in Florence, Kentucky.
- He was rated #69 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars".
- One of his famous quotes is “I've always liked women. But I don't want somebody who likes me because I'm famous. I like girls who are intelligent and who are kind of quiet like me”.
Write to him:
New Wave Entertainment
2660 West Olive Avenue
Burbank, CA 91505
8271 Melrose Ave. #110
Los Angeles, CA 90046
Edward Furlong biography on: Yahoo! Movies, Wikipedia, Imdb, Nndb.
Edward Furlong's fan page on Facebook